Sep 8, 2009

wrappin' up our weekend with Toddy

Well Toddy went back to class today accompanied by his journal of his visits so far and Brandon's poster about him.

Brandon will sure miss Toddy and I threw around the idea of getting him his own Toddy but he said nope. If it's not the real thing it won't do I guess!






Toddy made some new pals!

Toddy went missing for awhile. Mila found him.



A little hug in between!

Brandon's poster that will be up all week.






His contribution to Toddy's journal.



Life with these boys is crazy at times but so worth it!!
.........................
Max's weighted blanket should be arriving today. This is a calming and relaxing item for him. It is 5 pounds of plastic poly pellets distributed evenly throughout the blanket. I got a crib size one so it's not too overwhelming. He likes to have pillows piled on top of him and is soothed when pressure is applied to his body. I've been waiting to get one of these and I'm excited it will be here for our trip to Santa Cruz!


I also have 2 pages of sensory activities that I can do for Damian here at home. His sensory issues aren't getting in the way of his schooling ( so they think) so his O.T will be a consult every month. We started with a vibrating toothbrush that will "wake" his mouth up and work on oral issues.


AND..today was Eric's first day as a JUNIOR!!! Yikes! Of course he was 10 minutes late. We need to either buy that boy a car or I need to hustle in the traffic.
xoxo

2 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Your kids are indeed beautiful and special. In my former life (without kids) I was a SPED teacher. Just from reading one or two posts, I can tell that you are an AWESOME mom who is life wonderful for your special kids! YOu rock!!!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Okay, you'll have to give me an official review of the weighted blanket once you've had it for a while. They use one at school with my 11 year old when he gets out of control (which happens FAR less at school than at home.....why is that? Perhaps a constant aid? No siblings to deal with? HAHA)