Nov 17, 2009

gettin' in some training baby!


Ok..not the good body training I SHOULD be doing. But good training for Troy and I when we step into the ring go to the next IEP meeting in March. I have been wanting to take this workshop on IEP training for a long time and this Wednesday evening we head out to Roseville. Just me and him, with our boxing gloves pen and paper in hand.



We'll learn how to ask for services, the ins and outs of the process, and my favorite, how to challenge the district when they do not want to provide certain services. Oh boy I can't wait.



I'm very proud of both of us for believing in our son and being his voice. We're actually the voice for all of our children and I don't let anyone mess with them! My neighbor and I were talking about an incident at our kid's school in a classroom and the first thing I said was " NUH-UH!" You know me, I would've had that phone in my hand or writing that email to the teacher!



She quickly told me she likes that about me and I really realized at that moment that I need to give myself more credit. When it comes to the kids, I don't play!



So this hard core mama is going to get even better at being that strong voice for Damian. Oh and Max, but that's not until April and I don't even wanna start with that.



............................



On another pleasant note....this is how I've been finding Mila lately. She either falls asleep while trying to crawl up the stairs, or the new one with her chin in her food. I like this one the best.




Ha! (Ed) AL Bundy style with a saw? *It was brought to my attention that I do NOT watch enough Married with Children. (thank goodness)
............................

Well gotta go watch Twilight for the 23rd time to get ready for Thursday night! Whoo Hoo!!!
............
xo

No comments: