Dec 24, 2010

merry christmas eve

It's Christmas Eve already. It has flown by so fast. Slow for the kids, too fast for me. I have stuff I still gotta get!

It won't be the same holiday without my Eric tonight. But when we get home is when the celebrating begins! I have lots of fun surprises for the kids tonight.

Last night we carried out our tradition of going to see Christmas lights in the neighborhood. Gone are the days of driving 20 minutes away to see 3 minutes of lights. Then they fall asleep! So we stayed around home and were pretty excited at the display we saw!

My neighborhood rocks! You can see these houses a mile away. Of course the one HUGE lit up house that honestly is the best thing I have ever seen...was NOT LIT UP! So tonight we will drive by again. With Starbucks hot chocolate! And steal the displays if they are not on.




the hustle and bustle of getting ready



down the street from us..we had to drive by twice for them





wanted to see my house from the street. yes. Lights will have to go up on top next year.


...............

Saturday evenings at our home is dedicated to Bible Time. The kids can color pictures I printed out, do crosswords, etc. while we read from their Bible. I have been trying to find different things to do for them. A book company found it's way into my email box and we now get books to keep and review.

They have hundreds to choose from and once you review one you request the next book. We chose from the children section this time.

So this is our book for the week. It's a thick book that has 3 stories in it. As soon as it came Mila grabbed it and plopped down on the couch with it. She loves reading books.



The kids are so excited about getting cookies and milk tonight for Santa. They set up a special place for him in the living room this year. This year we heard Santa is wrapping every single thing they get so we can all slow down and enjoy our Christmas morning before the trip to Papa's.

Have a good Christmas eve!
.................
xo

No comments: