Jan 17, 2011

life as I know it

Remember my busy week? I was thinking about how exhausted I was at times and how stressed I thought I was. I'm a good multi-tasker. Ya have to be in my family! But I really overdid it and my multi-tasking turned into sheer chaos at times.

I have a new "system" running in my household and it was my first week giving it a go. As far as the kids and running a smooth operation over here. It worked so far. Just keeps me on my toes and busy until Troy gets home.

Plus they have been off track since before Christmas and I get them for 3 more weeks! Throw in a Mission project, reviewing the curriculum and massive reading time and I wonder why my hair is falling out.

So since I'll be organizing and packing for our trip this week I thought I'd throw in some random shots of what we've been up to! See you after our much needed break!



still trying to perfect a self portrait. Can't get it down.



Snooki Mila showing me she likes her broccoli. One more kid to go!!



Screaming like a banshee..which is typical for me apparently, after exiting the bathroom. Reminder to not hang uniforms in the laundry room unless you want to come out thinking an 8 foot man is hanging in your hallway!



The new chart for the kids. We have a door size visual schedule for them so my visual learning kiddos know what to expect every day and night. BUT this one has magnetic stars and each kid has a color. They want stars so bad that most of the chores are done by 10a.m! The rewards aren't that bad either.



Quiet time is a must on the chart. A break from computers and TV. Too cold for outside activities so they have to sit at the table and either read, color, work on school work, etc.





Um..Mila still thinks her quiet time is the computer. I just put on the activities that are on the boy's school site.



It never fails either. My un-focused Pre-Kinder kid already thinking about something else.

(It was surreal registering him for Kinder this July. I'm excited for him and nervous. His speech goals have almost been reached and his therapist will keep him on so he can continue OT. He will need some help in Kinder at first with staying on task.)



back to the kid. Eyeballing something.



and obviously got it. Cold decaf coffee that is.





Damian continued his quiet time for 2 hours. He loves grabbing his book and working and coloring. This is huge for a kiddo like him!



We do Preschool work with Mila. Max has his work from his OT that he does so of course Mila had to have hers too. Thanks to Troy's employer for letting him hover over the copy machine and bring his wife hoards of worksheets home!



Decided on an "organizing high" to purchase new scrapbooking storage options and re-do my corner. Troy mainly did the building and hanging but I was pooped after going through ALL OF MY CRAP!



Her new thing is hiding her babies in the treasure chest. Of course then she can't find them and we're all running around trying to relocate the lost dolls.



Anxiously awaiting soccer this Saturday. Have to cut our vay-cay short to get back!



Finished my first page in Project Life. It was different but fun. Felt out of my element so to speak so of course I had to add my own personal touches from my stash. Too boring for my eyes otherwise.



Freezer cooking was a big part of my stress. 30 plus pumpkin choco-chip muffins, bags of shredded chicken and quarts of stock..the list goes on. I officially gag at meat now :)

Hoping to feel refreshed when we get back. Have some projects to tackle but I think I'll slow down from now on and breathe too.
...........
xo

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow !! Wow!! Wow!!
Is about all I can say! Good work
and cute pics too.

Nana***** said...

Great posting, very entertaining, I was laughing like crazy, esp. the uniform getting the best of you!! Uniform: 1 Marisa: 0

Keep it up, That's my Squirrel..