May 9, 2011

celebrating

We had a busy packed weekend with Brandon's party, preparing for painting rooms and Mother's Day.

I celebrated both of those occasions with paint still smeared on my arm.

I took so many photos of the party so I picked the best ones of the bday boy and his friends.






That would be my son and my husband duking it out. Eric couldn't even get back up he was laughing so hard.



I had my camera on the wrong mode as usual when I snapped any moving shots. Argh.











gotta love Costco cakes that feed an army



silly time





Brandon had so much fun with all his friends. I loved that the some of the parents even got in on the action! Ok I won't post the photos...Emily.

This week is his real birthday so we'll have a little celebration here with my parents.

Hope you loved it Brandon!
........


I wanted to make something homemade to go with my Mother's Day gifts. Sewing it was!

I made a knitting needle holder that rolls up for my mother-in-law.





I went a little crazy with the slots for the needles. I'm not sure she owns 50 pairs of needles!



I made my Mom a lunch tote, well that's what I called it, from oilcloth. This stuff was tricky to sew with but tissue paper underneath saved me.

We had a nice BBQ with my parents and Matt over here and I didn't have to cook. Except cupcakes.


In the midst of all of that Troy and I decided to re-do our bathroom in our room. Why this weekend? Because we're crazy. Did we do it? Nope. The painter's tape is still up though awaiting our cans of paint. We procrastinate like that.

I even have a cool mirror makeover that I am so excited about! That included a miter saw and chair rails. I'll be posting photos too!

Miss Mila wanted to help as usual with the aid of her monkey puppet. After whining from both of us I told her to wait for me and I'll let her come help in a minute.





Yep. That didn't last very long. She found comfort in the piles of laundry.
............
xo

1 comment:

Emily said...

that's so cute with all the pics :) Thanks for sharing the day and inviting us to attend. I was just kidding about not posting the pics, it would be okay and maybe give some people a laugh I'm sure,lol especially me. Can I get the ones of me and hubby emailed to me, I would love to facebook that one :)