It really hasn't hit me. Probably won't. According to me things will stay the same.
I think.
18 years ago I was a 17 year old with a new baby boy in my arms. A baby that would change alot for me. I wasn't scared though. He was mine and I had to take care of him.
Most people know about Eric's medical challenges he had when he was little. Going through that with Eric made me grow up real quick. I knew right away what a mother's love for her child really is.
In a way Eric and I grew up together. We have a wonderful relationship and he comes to me for advice, guidance and gas money. Troy was 19 when I met him and threw him into a whirlwind romance with a 3 year old in tow. Ok I always wanted to say whirlwind.
Last night while Eric was leaving for his Senior Ball and doing some last minute checking over Troy and I looked at each other and we both were thinking the same thing, our baby is all growed up.
Eric has grown into such a responsible, mature, loving, protective, intelligent and respectful young man. People tell me all the time how impressed they are with him.
We did pretty good :)
His brothers and sister have a great role model to look up to and they adore him.
xo





















1 comment:
Congratulations Marisa and Troy!! You have done an excellent job raising such a fine young man. Happy Birthday to you Eric! The day is here! I cannot believe that my #1 Grandson is 18. You have given me so much happiness and pride watching you grow up all these years. You had a tough start and your Mother at 17 did an amazing job with you. You have become more than we had hoped for - such a loving, thoughtful, handsome, kind young man, the greatest big brother! God bless you in your journey, wherever it takes you.
Post a Comment