May 30, 2011

Project Bathroom comes to an end

My husband rocks.

Never complained once while we were painting, measuring, nailing, cutting or racking up a big bill on re-doing our bathroom.

Ok I only painted and racked up the big bill.

I've been wanting to re-do our bathroom in our bedroom ever since I laid eyes on the bright Starburst yellow walls. I lived with it for too long. I wanted something clean and relaxing.

I also hated the huge builder's mirror in the bathroom. We contemplated taking it down and putting up 2 separate mirrors but I wanted to do something I've seen around for awhile.

I must however still live with the gold shower doors and light fixture until I rack up another huge bill to have someone come knock it all down. Give me a few years.

But let's visit Old Yeller and the messy countertops.



That blue tape makes it even worse. The horrific mirror..can you say motel?



I would go blind for a few minutes after walking in the small area where the toilet is. Bright lights plus that yellow is torture.

Now....



Couldn't get enough light in so I had to turn on the gold fixture!



I still have some retouching on the paint and caulking the corners of the mirror but I LOVE the mirror now. Troy just took chair rails from Home Depot and cut them with a miter saw and we glued them up there.



Threw up a quick butterfly collage I made in the small area that does not blind you now



No more messy countertops..hopefully



Ahh..much more calm.

I am so glad it's done. It took us awhile to get started but working on it together made it faster and alot more fun.

He's even anxiously awaiting the next project. Love him.
......
xo

1 comment:

Emily said...

love it! love the mirror love everything, can't wait to see it soon.