Apr 6, 2013

My week from bed and out and about


Well I made it. It's been a week since surgery and I have to admit I'm a tad better than I was the last time around. Different reasons but not bad ones.

It's basically the same recovery and time as the last one and that sucks. Months of swelling which messes with my mind more this time. Had to take pain meds today because I sneezed out of nowhere and it really hurt and it really freaked me out.
 

I'm hating being in bed but the kids never leave me alone so it's nice to have them around me. Watching Netflix 24/7 or YoutTube.

Speaking of YT, the cards are pouring in to cheer me up and I'm so touched by everyone one here. The messages on YT and FB have really been sweet and again I am amazed at this community.






The kids had Open House this week and I braved it and walked down. Even though I had many protests from Troy to friends to teachers I still went. You know me!


Damian's mask in the middle (Kings colors of course!)


Looking sooo happy under his Eddie report. So many people kept coming up and saying who did this one?? Yep. I knew we had the best one..just sayin'.
 

Mr.Sutter whom he idolizes and who plays Van Halen in class :) 
My kid is growing like crazy!



the coolest field trip so far for Brandon
 




Max is 1 of the 4 kids in the 1000's club! Yay Maxie!!
 

Flat Stanley has visited Grandma and Grandpa twice now and I love that Becky is so into making it a fun thing for the kids.
 




I will miss Mrs. Lowe. She has become a friend and has been texting me to see how I have been. Blessed to have such great teachers.
 

the drive to my surgery. It was later in the afternoon and I was dying from low blood sugar and not feeling the whole surgery thing.  I've been making picture collages for Project Life and need to pick up my massive pile at Costco.


that night resting with Mila and Troy
 

listening to Easter egg dying laughter. They made special eggs for Mama :)


my cutie on Easter morning


My Project Life kit came finally and it's torturing me sitting there waiting for me to crack it open. It's sad it's next to the other 2 kits from last year.


one of my many visitors
 

got to get out finally and WAIT in the Joanns parking lot. Do you know how hard that was?? Troy was excited to take Mila in and do the Daddy/daughter shopping thing for her project. He's the best :)
 

keeping Mama company


So tomorrow is my first real time out of the house. Troy is going to take me to lunch and let me do a little shopping :)

My parents are coming over tonight with dinner so it'll be nice to have them here. Easter was nice with them here just tough for me. No pics this year. Either too drugged or too tired.

Also we are lighting it up blue again this year for Autism Awareness month!

Donning our blue lights outside!!




...........
xo

1 comment:

Nana***** said...

Best wishes on your road to recovery Marisa! Don't overdue it too soon! Saying prayers, as usual, for you to feel better very soon! Love the blog, so much excitement for the kids!