Who knows what came over me. Maybe it was pure boredom of sitting in the house all week. Maybe it was the fact that I didn't want to go when Troy got home because I would be too pooped. Or it could've just been that I wanted to prove to myself that I was indeed CRAZY!
I went to...ready for this? Target. By myself with the 3 youngest. Yes you read it right. My worst nightmare. It took about 20 minutes to get teeth brushed, faces washed, hair tamed, but I got out into the truck. We had a loooong talk on the way there, alot of praying on my part and pure anxiety. I even called Troy at work to ask him to say a prayer! And I bugged Jamie at work while she had trainees at her desk.
We pulled up and I unloaded them with only a few whines. Brandon wanted to hold on to the cart which is hard to manuever in the lot, and Max wanted to stand up in the cart. You KNOW I let him do it! Mila was just soooo happy to be out and in the cart.
I had my list and coupons in hand. I was really inspired by the amount of coupons I had been collecting so that got me out as well. I'm loving this bargain hunting and coupon searching. So we bravely walked in.
I found what I needed. I purposely made a detour around the toys and they didn't notice. Brandon wanted to look at the games so bad but i couldn't. It would've been a nightmare because they like to play the systems that are there and only Troy can do that with them. I would've had an anxiety attack trying to pull them away.
Max loved pointing out and telling us what we were passing by. Pillows, towels, feet?, and diapers, which were actually toilet paper rolls. I'm hoping the speech evaluator was not in that vicinity at the time or she would really disqualify him for services!! Max was oohing and aahing at everything. How sad! They never get out.
So we checked out and yes I did promise them candy but so what!! It saved me from having a really big meltdown. They honestly didn't ask for it but I got it anyways. Then when I thought I got out without any yelling but here comes Max not letting the girl scan the candy bar! Eric used to be like that but would give it up. Nope. Not Max. Poor woman had to nearly climb over the counter to scan it!
We did it! I did it! Will I ever do it again? Maybe. But I wanted to share my best deal there.
The total was $2.33! I got the wipes for $.99, the applesauce for $.67 and the 2 bars of soap were free after the coupons. I have 6 more of the applesauce coupons but I was scared to do them all at once!
I love my coupons! I don't find alot of good ones in the paper but I follow so many blogs and find out about all the good deals and print the coupons online.
My new find is recycling products from the around the house and using them for other things! I had 2 empty egg cartons and Brandon and Max took them outside to collect rocks. I figured I would teach them counting while they were doing it! They also learned to sort the diff. sizes and colors.
My next project is homemade bubbles! Max was obsessed with them and he always spills them which costs more money. I saw the recipe for it on a blog and you make it for pennies! I'll pick up some big wands at the dollar spot at Target and I kept a milg jug to mix it in. I also wanted something with lids to prevent spills so I saved the sour cream and plastic frozen juice containers! Just make a slit in the top!
Here's some pics from the rock collecting and the picnic the kids had at the table!
Mila whining about something on her hand...AGAIN
This was right before a huge yelling match between Max and Brandon. See how Brandon has his foot on the wheel??
I moved the sand outside. Now I just sweep and toss!
Had to throw in a pic of my Eric
Who knows?
Damian planned this picnic on the table. This is the new thing they play nightly. They like to make dishes for me and Troy and Damian likes discussing the different seasonings he has.
I'm enjoying the nice weather and enjoying our home. I'm so blessed to have a big yard for the kids to play in and get their structure up in a few months. I love that we have great neighbors that moved in with the sweetest kids. I'm so happy right now. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment