I missed home. I always do. Home is where I feel safe, where it feels natural and where my sewing machine and scrap crap is!! Oh I missed you! But I added waaay to much to my stash from the trip. I raided the local stores and walked out with alot of scrapbooking goodies.
I did find some cute fabric as well and the whole store was 25% the last day we left. I see some fall inspired skirts and yes, more jammies. I found the cutest 80's striped knit fabric for a ruffle shirt I've been wanting to make for Mila. Cross your fingers!
We hit all the places we usually do in Santa Cruz. Eric and I made our famous walk to Pink Godzilla for some yummy sushi and bento boxes. Eric also talked me into buying his 50th pair of shoes. We did our book shopping, fish seeking and beach romps. My kids are fearless and because of that I yell, squeal and get on Troy when they step foot near the waves.
I was told the kids have real fun when I'm not there. Mila and I went shopping instead :)
...........................................
our down time..
The biggest hit was the aquarium which was $130.00 well spent. It would've been more but I told them I had twin 2 year olds! Thank goodness Max was laying down.
they HAD to see a shark
we found Muno!
Max finally woke up
a clear tunnel you go under and waves crash over you every few seconds..a big hit
Mila talking to her new friend
Eric trying out his ninja fish skills
um...
mama trying out her sitting down alot skills
watching the seals at the wharf. Another place where my yelling and squealing come into play.
our friend down below
the famous looks of Max
..............
We had alot of fun, food and relaxation. Okay the relaxation part is kind of a lie. Having my kids cooped up in a smaller living area than they are used to can be grueling! For Troy and I that is.
They couldn't get enough of the beach which is good because they could run around and scream outside. It's tough to get away as a family of 7 because the kids need to be entertained at all times. But I'm grateful we have this place to run away to and we'll be going more often that's for sure!
Off to Costco to pick up the hundreds of photos I snapped! Get some use out of my supplies!
xo





No comments:
Post a Comment