Ever since I made my Grocery Makeover debut on this website, it has really opened my eyes to what challenges we have in our family when it comes to meal planning and foods. I have been pretty successful in making Eric feel like he is getting the same foods as we are, no cheese on pizza, making muffins he can have, etc.
But he wasn't picking the healthiest food choices and as parents we weren't buying those healthier choices. After reading all the suggestions, we took it upon ourselves to make changes for our family.
I am excited that I have made the first step this morning in getting my health under control. I cannot wait for this huge step in my life. My doctor agrees it is a good option for me and I will post about it later.
I thought and planned out our meals and grocery shopping much better.
No more processed foods. Fruit snacks are for lunches at school. Fruit and veggies, popcorn, homemade muffins and granola bars are the snack options. They were a little surprised yesterday!
But I knew it was working when I saw Eric eating a banana and one of his bars for breakfast and Mila and Max devouring blackberries and strawberries for their snack.
Plus Damian tried 2 new foods last night! Courtesy of my Dad and Eric bringing leftovers from dinner.
So I wanted to share how proud I am of our family for making this change.
We get to go to another event tonight for the kids. A library will be holding a Autism Family Night where the kids can go check out books, enjoy the activities and food without worrying about their noise level or behavior.
Life is good.
............
xo
Jun 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That is awesome about the food changes :)
Way to go Damian for trying 2 new foods!
You consistently amaze and make me so proud of you with your dedication to your family. You are blessed and are certainly a blessing to your own family and to me as a daughter. My grandchildren could not be in more capable hands. God bless you all and may he continue to guide and protect you.
Oh, how I envy you. I've done the no processed foods thing for a good two days. TWO DAYS! Pitiful. Not only do I not know what to feed them instead (they'll only take so many apples and carrots), but my HUSBAND will have none of that "nonsense." sigh...
Post a Comment