Oct 23, 2011

I got me a pantry! Lengthy post coming up..

Yes I know I said in my last post that field trip photos were coming. They are pretty darn cute too I must say. Can't believe my youngest is in preschool and I have no babies and no diaper bags either!

Anyways...I was so excited about my recent project I had to slap it in on here. Actually Troy did most of it, I just pointed to what I wanted, he loaded and paid and put it up all before the Notre Dame game. And because he did it so fast for me which is a record I have to say and because I love him to death I made individual apple pies and hearty beef stew the WHOLE time the game was on. Missed out on my scrapbook store run because of it.

Just sayin'.

So the project isn't done yet but the idea is there.

I envy houses with huge pantries. I mean walk in lay down do whatever you want in there pantries. We have one in our kitchen that isn't a bad size but since we are Costco and Sam's Club whores we tend to have bulk and boxes and packages everywhere. Overflow is what we call it. I can't even put stools in our kitchen because that area houses water bottles, cups, tea and my scale. That ain't movin'.

So we converted the coat closet next to the kitchen into a overflow pantry.




This closet was more of a junk haven. The kids jackets are hung with the backpacks so no coats needed. I could never see the floor either. I found a broken picture, lint rollers, birthday party stuff and skirts I was supposed to hem for my Mom. Oops.



Much better don't ya think? I can even walk in and stand! Yes that's the most exciting part for me.

I am upset I didn't paint inside first. I have the color and everything but was so excited to see the shelves I opted for making it more difficult for myself and doing it AFTER the fact.

We, or I, went back and forth with the shelving. First I wanted wood, then we wanted the shelving to wrap around, then I almost nixed it all. But I like the look of the wire shelving the best. Plus I can hang things off of it. We still have a wooden shelf above I get to hand wire baskets from too.

Back of the door? I'm using all the space I have! Either Command hooks that I'm addicted to thanks to Jamie telling me about them or a over the door shoe organizer for small food items or anything we need to grab real quick.

Love these ideas..










my all time favorite inspirational blog for organizing. I could only wish I was this organized. But she gets me there slowly! I have used so many of her ideas. I love the menu board and pantry checklist on the clipboard.

So this week I'm hoping to paint and gather baskets and organizers for the rest of the stuff to go in here.



I'm glad we didn't wrap around with shelving. One because it's only 36 inches across and it would be too tight to stand in. Not sure yet what to do with the back wall.




Also don't know what to buy to organize the top shelf. I'll hang the wire baskets from there too. Still need to take the rod down, just noticed!


So $78.00 later and I am a happy almost organized gal.

We also have been tackling the garage bit by bit. Goodwill knows us by name now I swear. I have taken so many bags of clothes and furniture over there.

Our main goal in the beginning was to have an area for the kids when we are out there working out. Troy has brought all of his weights and machines house to house and has added another machine here. Not alot of room. Plus my area was a joke.

It's more practical for us, well me more, to exercise at home. I don't have the will or time to leave the house and work out anywhere else. Everything I need is here. Troy works out at work and wants to do it more here so making use of what we have was key.

Plus our garage is so well insulated which we never had before so it's comfy out there.



So Troy had the brilliant idea of putting the TV that almost smashed my son onto one of our many shelving units. He has P90X and I have my DVD's I work out to as well. Never thought of watching movies though!

Underneath is our DVD's, light weights, my many pamphlets and other junk right now. We took out the colored foam squares in our family room and he is gonna put them all in front of the TV so I have a soft spot to work out. Great idea babe!

Someone please take those table and chairs!!

I don't have the green light to work out from my surgeon yet. Just doing light walking for now. But when I do it will be more incentive to come out into the garage.

..........

Enough with the projects.

During my cooking marathon Mila and I made little apple pies.






Yummy gooey goodness.

..........
xo






1 comment:

Emily said...

great idea with the pantry; I like option number 2 on the back on the door. That way can foods etc.. can go in there. A hanging shoe organizer would be okay but more shelf space is key I believe. I would do something like this too if it weren't for our overstock of shoes and jackets. Maybe some day when I know what to do with those things I can think clearly to do what you have done too, lol. Looks good :)