Oct 2, 2011

post birthday happenin's

This weekend was filled with birthday celebrations for little 'ol moi. Aww thanks.

Troy and I went to dinner, did some shopping way too late at night and then crashed.

Watched Brandon's awesome soccer game with no complaining from Damian. Perfect weather, perfect kiddos. Brandon was goalie for a quarter and did great. But when he is on the field he is much more aggressive. A natural.

We made it out to Troy's grandparent's to celebrate and the kids always have a blast over there. It was so nice seeing everyone.

By the time we left I was a little beat. Still had to go to my Dad's for a BBQ DURING a Notre Dame game. I knew how this was gonna turn out!

On the way over I was doubled over in pain and no idea what was wrong. Still having stomach pains from a week ago so may need to check it out.

Pain aside, it was alot of fun as usual.

It seemed football games, iPhones and iPads were more fun than me!











Now if you knew me in the ugly pre-teen years you can appreciate this. My brother's bday card to me. He was about to pee his own pants when he gave it to me. He IS the best artist I know but REALLY??? Recreating the worst look and time in my life??



I had a strawberry. Mad I couldn't enjoy a Freeport Bakery cake.

















Wouldn't be the same without the Instagram shots



My HUGE bouquet of flowers.



K it was ginormous. The vase weighs 3 tons alone. I love flowers and balloons and don't get them quite as much as I deserve. Wait did I say that out loud?


I also spent most of it organizing and cleaning up my messes all over the house. It still looks like we just moved in to this house. That's how messy I made it organizing my mess. Make sense? Not quite done but almost there and I LOVE it so far. The kids are loving it too and get excited about playing with the toys they forgot they had!




Never knew how nice labels and pictures were



Making banana and chocolate chip pancake squares. Even I had to dive in and have a few bites. So much easier than making each and every little pancake. Cut these puppies out and slather with syrup.


So today is finishing up my projects day and get ready for school day. Loads of laundry for school to do, prepping dinner, packing snacks and lunches and reading the rest of The Help snuggled up on the new comfy chair in the family room.

Life is good.
...........
xo



1 comment:

Emily said...

Love all the pics :) Especially the card,lol. I would be beating my loving brother up for being such a great artist on that one...Your day sounds about like mine, minus the organziation I dream about. Do they really go back to school tomorrow? I feel glad and sad at the same time if that makes since.