Dec 17, 2011

fa-la-la-la-looong Xmas post

It's approaching ever so quickly. I'm almost ready. I mean really almost ready this time. The garage is filled with hidden gifts and I'm glad my kids don't read my blog or else I know exactly where they will be.

Lots of holiday activities goin' on around here too.

Today is a Santa visit and I promised I would keep my Elf movie lines to myself.

The famous gingerbread houses will be made when we get back. The dreaded clean-up will be there as well. I may sneak a few cinnamon gum drops.

Here's a peek at what we were up to...


My 2012 calendar arrived! I won some free goods on Shutterfly and I always wanted a photo calendar but didn't wanna fork the moola out. This calendar was made while I was stuck in bed for 5 days. My back is still sore I swear.










I love it. I want to do one every year now.


Mila had a Christmas party and little performance this week. Unfortunately I had a very important IEP meeting for Max and couldn't go. Enter Mr. Mom. Mila was so excited Daddy was coming to see her. When I got home I was welcomed with gifts, awesome photos and a video of her singing. Thank you Daddy!!!!



All ready for her party











I knew she would be at this table :)



Mila had a book exchange and she was excited Bella got her book she picked out.





I screamed when I saw it. I'm weird and emotional like that. I screamed and even cried when the boys brought their photo ornaments home the other day.





Ms. Lynn



Ms. Hannah










Troy did such a good job juggling both the video camera AND getting good pictures for me. I know he loved being able to do this with Mila. He is such an awesome Daddy!

..........


Max had his Kinder Christmas sing-a-long too. I was so excited because I could go to this one and because Brandon had the same one 2 years ago wearing that same shirt Max wore! The difference between the shows?

Max was preoccupied with that dang bell around his neck.

He was insistent that Brooke in his class see her sister sitting on the floor in front of her.

Max was busy picking his nose a few times.

Waving to Troy and I and saying Hi Dad.

Yet he still belted out Feliz Navidad.

Even though it looked like he was in his own little world, he still was singing right along. His teachers and I have figured out Max learns auditory wise where Damian is a visual learner. You think Max isn't listening to anything around him but Bam! Ask him what you just said and he repeats verbatim. My kids are amazing.





Mrs. Lowe


look at my little Kindergartners! They left the lights on when Brandon did his AND I scooted up to get pics. Not very good photos of Max singing.



my disaster free for all desk. It's not a BAD sight considering I actually used some of my stuff!



teacher's gifts ready to go and we were still missing 2 more!



I said a peek at our holiday days. These days Mila is sporting these boots every.single.day.



poor thing needs a real horse



the possessed cowgirl?

Last night the boys came running to tell us Santa's sleigh was outside. All we heard was sirens. I kept thinking I hope the person's okay! I forgot we always have the Fire Dept and the families walk down the street with the big Santa sleigh lit up with Santa inside. My kids get a kick out of the cop cars trailing behind with the sirens going off making funny noises. I grabbed my camera because I couldn't find my video one. The pics I got were too dark darnit.

But they were so excited and upset at the same time because they thought a u-turn was in the works. Nope. I'm sure today they will be telling Santa how disappointed they were that he didn't come around twice.

..............
xo

2 comments:

Nana***** said...

Wow, great posting!! I love to see all the activities of the kids!! Everyone is so festive and happy! Love you all so much~

Emily said...

Thanks so much for putting these up. I let Tris look through the pics with me and he was very happy and giggly. He hopes he and Mila get Mrs. Lowe too when he is 5, lol.
Can I get you to send me a copy of the video singing? I didn't get to the party in time for that. If you know how to send it to me, I would appreciate it. It would take some time to figure it out for me :) Thanks so much and I'll call you tomorrow, my min. are up and Hiro picking up another card.