Damian has already entertained us with his awesome memory and has calculated everyone's age for 2013..and 2021..and even 2050.
I've been capturing all of my 2012 shots so far with my new camera. My new view. I am in love. I won't replace my DSLR with it but for capturing the shots I want for Project Life it is perfect. The everyday pictures, something I wanna focus on in 2012.
I've always been one who enjoys taking pictures of our everyday lives, unscripted, no posing, sometimes even crying. I'll leave the real nice photos to a professional! Which I actually found through my cousin and I am sooo excited to get those natural shots outside of our family. I may even blow one up to a HUGE size and frame it. Maybe.
So here's a few random play-around-with-the-settings-on-my-camera shots and our New Year's celebration..at home.
My favorite part of the camera? I never have to use flash inside!
the Toy camera effect. Love this one..gives a vintage feel to the shot. Plus it makes Troy's eyes even more gorgeous :)
Mila wanted Belle in a picture.
Vivid again.
Poster effect. Eh. Makes her look blotchy.
this one is cool. You can pick out certain colors to show.
the miniature effect. Umm...why? It does look mini though.
just a cute shot of everyone reading. They've been into going to the Downtown library and picking out books to read. That's something they all have to do every day, especially off track!
Damian with his DBZ collection. He is currently staring out the window waiting for the Fed Ex guy to bring the next one.
Damian showing Brandon his Stranger book he's working on. Strangers are the big talk at our house!
Dad chuggin'. I wish :)
Their fancy shmancy desserts that night
this happens every year when they drink sparkling cider.
yet they still want the fancy drink!
oh yeeeaahhhhh..Max always likes it.

made my famous dumplings

the spread



I just had to post this. I hate store bought salsa except for 1 brand and it's not jarred. I hate pico de gallo. I hate tomatoe-y salsa which is why I never made it.
OMG. I seriously almost ate all of this salsa as my meals which is bad bad bad on so many levels.
I literally am planning on going to the store to get the crap to make it after we drop Mila off at school. Bad.
made my famous dumplings
the spread
I just had to post this. I hate store bought salsa except for 1 brand and it's not jarred. I hate pico de gallo. I hate tomatoe-y salsa which is why I never made it.
OMG. I seriously almost ate all of this salsa as my meals which is bad bad bad on so many levels.
I literally am planning on going to the store to get the crap to make it after we drop Mila off at school. Bad.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
........
xo
........
xo






3 comments:
Thanks Marisa! Sorry Troy could not join us, but we did bring his feast out to him at the jail! As usual, enjoyed quite a feast of goodies on New Year's Day! I look forward to it every year. To start the new year together is such a blessing and to be with the most important people on that day is awesome. Very grateful..
Looks like an excellent way to start the year. U know in a way just by going with the pics that me and your camera produce in the low lighting situation, I think I like your new one better. I'm sure the new lens you are getting will make that be not as necessary. Please post some pics using that one so I can tell if it would be useful to buy the same for my make too :)
I had to laugh when I looked at Mila, I think I saw that same look on her last years posting, lol. Unforgetable for sure! So glad you got to be with your mom and family. Happy New Year!
That's it. I'm moving to your house. I read these blogs and you're so darn organized and everyone looks so amazing. PLUS, you're house is huge and I need more room for my stuff. LOL
Post a Comment