Sep 20, 2012

2 years post op woot woot!


So I survived.

Not sure what the next 2 years will bring but I am sure they will be just as crazy, challenging and blessed as the last 2 were.

I'm loving my new flat tummy even though it's still swollen and I am still in pain. Would I do it again? NOPE. But I did and I'm enjoying it :) To be able to wear cute sweaters and leggings this winter? Worth it I suppose.

The kids enjoy helping me if I need it or if Troy is running Damian to ACE. Damian has really stepped up and loves helping me get up or walk. Teaches him empathy.

Troy has off until the 2nd week of October so I am trying to heal as much as I can until he goes back. I think I can do it.

Miss getting out when I want to. Miss being able to plop down into bed without thinking twice. Miss being able to eat. Yes eat. I'm getting more restriction because of how tight my stomach is. So a few bites is sometimes too much. Good for the scale but not for healing so I have to plan my meals and remind myself to eat.

I don't have alot of new pics of me but I found some to show my progress.



Off to pop in my 4th movie of the day :(

.....
xo

2 comments:

Nana***** said...

Congratulations Marisa! What a journey you took on, I'm so proud of you! I know it was very very difficult and you were very brave. What an awesome transformation. Enjoy yourself, beautiful daughter!

Unknown said...

Congrats on 2 years:) Looking forward to seeing your full recovery and every day getting a little bit more bright for you. Just take it one day at a time :) You are so strong and courageous!