Probably because we always lived in established neighborhoods that had alot of senior citizens and I'm quite sure they wouldn't enjoy a night out scrapbooking with me.
So 2 months after we bought our house, a family of 5 bought the house next door to us. They have been awesome neighbors ever since.
Especially the Mama of the house.
She ALWAYS listens to me ramble or complain when I need to and will accompany me to fabric shops and get excited over blog postings as well!
Once in a while I get a surprise in the form of food..my favorite kind of surprise. No snarky comments!
First it was yummy dinner for us after my minor surgery. She even took into account Eric's allergies, she unfortunately is familiar with it.
Tempura. TEMPURA! The girl cooks tempura. I tried and the fire department was on high alert. She gave me her tips and I have been successful.
So my new craving?
no it's not raw french fries. It's jicama with lime and cilantro and yummy goodness!
Mine doesn't look as nice as hers because I'm too impatient to cut anything small. I never know how good it would be the next day marinating because I gobble this thing instantly. I know this sucker is low in points too!
....................
I finally finished this dang bag. I have so many piles of fabric and old clothes to refashion and i told myself I couldn't touch them until this thing was done.
might make it smaller by sewing the sides in
this is the original..more like a book bag for the library
I had to post these pictures because I love catching the everyday chaos for y'all!
Getting ready to wait for Damian outside. It was finally sunny but my boys had to have jackets on. Plus make silly faces.
Yes Brandon you are kooky. Mila was starting to notice something.
Then it hit her.
SHE didn't have a jacket on like her brothers.
Then it hit us. The jumping up and down hootin' and hollerin.
trying with all her might to snag that jacket. Yes I did just stand there and snap 13 photos of her upset. Remember this time?
the required shot of Eric
secretly playing Wii Resort in his big brother's messy teenage room
We're not sure if it's okay that our 4 year old can make his way around the Wii world better than us or that our 2.5 year old can maneuver the computer and actually play the Bob the Builder game correctly.
We just keep telling ourselves we have smart kids. I think it's true. :)
...............
xoxo





1 comment:
thanks for the kind words :) I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm so glad to have a neighbor like you that I have so much in common with. I love the bag and it looks reversible ? I can't figure out which way I like it better; bigger or taken in. Both ways look great! Great, great job! Now we can go to Hancocks :) Great pics of Mila, Tris would be the same way, except she actually took the jacket down, he would have just screamed at me to. lol Go Mila :) Great Wii playing Brandon, Maddie would be right there with you.
Post a Comment