Jul 11, 2011

my too short of a vacay

Getting back to my much needed routine. We had such a fun time as always in Santa Cruz. We did our usuals, our traditions. Monterey Bay Aquarium which sets us back almost $150.00 every time but always worth it! The wharf, the beach, lighthouse, Marini's on the wharf, dinner out and me visiting my favorite fabric, scrapbooking and thrift stores. Skipped the Boardwalk this time.

I take loads of pictures and hours of video and it's always hard weeding out what to post. I love seeing photos on people's blogs of everyday life, places they visited and silly pictures.

Enjoy and don't be too upset you weren't feeling the breeze and hearing the waves crash like we did ;)



Can't leave home without all the DS's.





Off to the beach. Couldn't wear my bikini. Ha. Right.



I'm sure I was yelling soon after this to stay back from the waves. Me and water and my kids do NOT mix well.



This kid is dubbed AQUA BOY. He can not get enough of the ocean



Mila was cold the whole time





Damian digging a hole to get underground he says. See the "pool" behind him? That's how far the tide was coming in. Scary towards the end. No one was allowed back into the water. Time to go!



Apparently seaweed stinks



then you try and strangle it



Damian was quite the photographer this trip and wanted to take photos



not quite sure











Boy her hair needs a trimmin'! Especially before she starts school. This girl is known to be quite active and when hair gets in her way..watch out.



Off to the aquarium











The kids LOVE jellyfish. Must be a Spongebob thing.





Their favorite spot to be when the waves crash over them, as you can see on Damian's face. Love that kid.





Not the most fun thing to do for someone with not the greatest grip. This activity led to a small outburst of frustration. But he tried. We walked away from that table quickly.



I heard this from the kids a million times after seeing the turtles. Ok I couldn't stop saying it either.

"Give me some fin. Noggin. Duuuude."



We all needed that break. A break from this city and a break before all of them go to school.

Damian, Brandon and Max start in a week. Rushing around town getting last minute school stuff and finishing their baskets and cubbies at home. I'm in the process of creating an area apart from their homework spot to organize lunchboxes, papers that come in etc.

Troy is going to build me a big board in the entry way for each child to have their space for activities that week, projects due, field trips, practices, etc.

Excited about this new chapter in our lives.

And off the subject..I'm a little over 90 lbs lost. I'm gonna do a post about it on here instead of this blog. I like to share in both places:)
.............
xo

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing. That looks like such a perfect place for a get-a-way especially mid summer. Glad you guys got to take a vaca before a midst of all this craziness of next year school days. I CAN NOT believe that it starts next week. I'm all ready to go except backpacks for the girls. It's sad but I'm looking forward to not feeling so guilty about having some me time during the day too. :)