Mar 4, 2012

dinner with the fam + 1

Catching up on our week. This one flew by. It felt like Troy's days off came and went so fast but we had fun as usual.

We noticed we sure have been going on alot of dates lately. Thanks E-Dawg! Sometimes our dates are Costco/Sam's Club/Target/Home Depot/whatever store I feel I MUST go to and then sometimes it's just lunch and whatever we come across.

It's been lunch alot which is a new one for us. It's tough to find places for me, now Troy knows how Jamie feels when I counteract every place people say :) But I make it work and we compromise. Yesterday was Red Robin. His pick obviously. I seriously would LOVE to order a burger and fries. LOVE. But it ain't happenin'.

My family goes to dinner together alot and I love it. The kids do especially. I on the other hand struggled at the Old Spaghetti Factory. But I now found something I can eat and have lunch the next day!

This last time we went Eric brought his friend Sarah. It was so much fun and she is the sweetest girl. Now if they would just move beyond friends...

We are always the loudest table I kid you not. My brother gets us roaring every time we go. Screws up half of my pics but I'm glad I get those shots. He has the kids rolling on the floor all the time and I was scared we would scare Sarah off with our kooky family! Nope we didn't.


























Brandon was so embarrassed in this picture. Could not stop laughing after Sarah said he is the cutest boy with his dimples. He was beet red.







After dinner Matt and Damian had a dance off in front of the doors of the restaurant. Hilarious! They both could've cared less who was watching! Damian loves his uncle and because Matt works with kids on the spectrum he understands him. Except sometimes I need to remind him to be Uncle and not therapist. But I know it's because he cares.

..............

Few other peeks...

Troy likes to hit up GNC the first week of the month to get his discount. He found some new pre-workout crap mix that he loves and I thought maybe just maybe I could test a protein shake I've seen there. We all know my strong aversion to those things. Found out it's the powder that makes me sick. I like the pre-made Atkins ones but I have to order from Amazon and I always forget. Plus drinking out of a straw is the only way for me.



grabbed these puppies for when meat gets lodged and stuck going down because I ate too fast and will be in severe pain for hours and text Jamie because that's what comes to my mind first! They break down the fibers in the meat and dissolve it. RELIEF.



Been eyeing these and they were on sale too. Sipping it now. Not the greatest but not the worst. At 25 grams of protein a pop it's worth it. Mila just stole it though and I hear the gurgling of the straw so I'm done I guess!



looking at this pile of coupon inserts makes me giddy. How sad is this? I re-vamped my coupon binder too. Giddy again.



Loving his computer time. In his zone. Every so often he will call me over for a hug or tell me he loves me :)

He's really into being healthy and now drinks Propel Zero in his water and exercises in the garage. 4 lbs lost so far!



These two have been so much closer lately. I can hear them asking each other "Am I your best brother?"



Miss Mila who insisted on wearing these rain boots every single day it rained no matter what she was wearing or if it matched.

Troy's Dad is back in town again over the course of a few weeks so the kids are beyond excited. Gotta go finish coupon clipping and tackle my next organization project..the dreaded bedroom closet! Well Troy's side is nice and organized but mine? Let's just say finding shirts with the tags on you bought 2 months ago under papers and pins and fabric and books and blamed everyone in the house for losing them is a nice visual.
..............
xo


1 comment:

Nana***** said...

I just love reading the adventures of the family! Great blogging - keep it up! The monthly family meals are very special to me!